a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, November 19, 2012

mats again

http://www.freespiritfabric.blogspot.com/2012/11/12-weeks-of-christmas-week-8.html

A very nice fabric bowl that looks fairly easy and I think I saw some simple coasters as well. Worth a look.

http://tipnut.com/scrap-happy-fabric-scrap-ideas-free-patterns/



  Four mug rugs for fast and easy sewing. These are from the site above where there are many quick gifts for you to make. I can't do these things though I would love to, my days are spent getting enough energy to keep up. Well at least today is like that. After going to the hairdresser and up to the mall for lunch and a walk I came home too pooped to pop. I have cancelled my afternoon sewing group tomorrow because I have a class at night with Kathy and I need to rest before we go out. You all know how long my Tuesdays can be if I go to all my special places in one day. A class on top of it is out , but this way I can get everything ready too.
Here is a little puzzle for you quilters and husbands of quilters.
 
Can you name 6 quilt blocks the feature food in the name. Or more if you can. 
We just finished dinner , had Mrs. Callendar's chicken pot pie, many calories I believe, creamed corn ,dill pickle and water. It all tasted good except for the pepper , I sprinkled on way too much and had an abominable sneezing fit LOL. Too much of a good thing is just TOO much!!
 
I love hearts and this one is so special with the ribbon roses and beautiful hand embroidery. I have made simple heart quilts for some of my great granddaughters in Quebec.
 
This is pink so I love it. I had a small pack of pink charm squares that a friend, Gail in Phoenix, had given me and it seemed appropriate for making a heart quilt. I will be visiting it when we go to Quebec LOL.
 
The Scarlet Tanager the most beautiful, perfect red I have ever seen. I have always wished we had such gorgeous birds on the west coast. There are so many beautiful birds on the east coast. We do have lovely birds here tot but they don't have the bright colours .
 
Oh sweet dog a little girl. The dog is true to his friend for the extent of his life.  We have a dog on this floor who barks every time we go past her door but I believe that she is lonely and we are having a conversation , I talk to her and she answers or the other way round. I like having her as a neighbour. We met in the hall the other day, it was good.
 
These are kind of nice and could double as a mat for just a cup of coffee . They are not a mug rug to my mind because they are too small for more than a cup. No cookies LOL That may be another good thing.
 
Amazing Hyacinth Macaws the largest of all the Macaws at 36 inches. They are totally a neon blue except for the yellow smile around the lower part of the beak. Hyacinth beaks are the strongest  af all parrots exerting tremendous power at 1500 pounds of pressure per square inch.  So don't let your fingers stray near their beaks if you run across one. I see the birds of the rain forest like this one love to bathe every day and wonder if parrots that pull their feathers do so because in captivity they don't often have that opportunity. Maybe bird owners should take them into the shower for their bath.
Some of you may be wondering why there have been no pictures of my little great granddaughters . That is because there have not been any that I have received lately. So girls send me some more. I feel a drought coming on.Haha Meg posted a photo on Facebook without my saying anything. So here she is Charlotte , my special Charlotte.
And bright yellow rubber boots. Looks like she has been somewhere in a field. She has such a sweet face.
Anyway  time to go .
Have a wonderful evening.

Mirembrema
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: