a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Birthday

We took Sam out for his birthday dinner tonight. We went to the Keg, it was good to see him and to have dinner with him too.

I think I caught him eating but that was the reason we were there LOL.


The restaurant is poorly lit but this is Ray and me.


We have had some bad news about Rick. You know he has had trouble with his leg collapsing on him. Today he was diagnosed with a neural muscular disease. They have not yet determined which one of those diseases he has but none of it is good. I am totally distraught about it and scared out of my mind and I am sure my darling boy is . Please pray for him.  There is no pain like the pain of a mother whose child is in danger. And no pain and fear like that of my child. I love him so much and pray that they discover that he has a minor one of these diseases .

I am moving on now to other things but wanted to let you know where we are at right now. I want to go to Calgary in the next few days if I can get a flight.

Nothing much in the way of sewing today but I did finish my little project at the class last night.
A Santa pouch/bag.
 A long list of scrappy blocks although only some of them are open to sew. I liked them though.

Yesterday morning at my sewing group I took a few photos.
Sharon's beautiful applique is perfect as usual. Great job Sharon!
 
Helen created this lovely table runner for her chuch auction . Some lucky person will get this one.
 
Betty made these applique blocks and I forget who put them together in this quilt. Nice quilt for Pumpkin Seeds.
 
I embroidered the two small poinsettia towels early in my embroidery career , if I can call it that. I didn't know tho add a sheer stabilizer to the top so the stitches wouldn't sink into the terry cloth . But the Winking Santa was done the right way and still looks good after numerous washings. He  is a mischievous little Santa.  They could be hanging a little straighter don't you think? But then my eyes are not very straight haha.
 
This little guy was being tied up when Pat and I approached the door to the mall. He was still there when we came out after half an hour or more which is when I too his picture. He looks cute in his little coat and was very patient when I took his photo. I hope his owner came back soon. He was lonely.
 
Ray and I did not do much today except go to the pharmacy to take on a prescription and then to the mall where he took his new jeans to be shortened and go for a little walk.
I tried to call Peter and then Rick tonight but they were both away from the phone so I'll call them tomorrow.
 
Aaw now this is Cute.
 
Lover's knot in this fabric is just lovely. Are those cherries in the patterned fabric?
 
This is a dog with responsibilities. I wonder how he got this job!
 
Ah new animal friends, Koalas in a train , hugging each other. Haha.
 
Baby owls or owlets , all the same age but not all from the same nest. They are so adorable and the rope they are standing on appears to be stressed.
 
Good food for the  Thanksgiving table and I wish all my American family and friends a wonderful Thanksgiving Day
Now it is time for me to go , maybe to bed , maybe not.
 
Have a good evening.
God Aften.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 





No comments: