a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

out tonight

Out tonight with Kathy to Tom's for a class on my embroidery machine. I actually learned something different- how to applique and to cut away the excess fabric with a pair of applique scissors. It was great and here I have been afraid to do applique. The scissors were Ginghers and they cut beautifully. I will buy a pair, I know they are expensive but as Ray tells me you get what you pay for. My embroidery machine is a bit off , it had to stitch an outline twice. The second time it was off the first outline. And there were a few other things too. I was not happy with my project , it is not really bad but I like really good LOL.
However I learned new things which is always a great thing. Refreshes the brain. Also it was fun being with the other ladies whom I have not seen for a long time. 
One dear woman made us all a cute little box and put two cookies in it. Very nice of her.
Thank you Kathy for getting me there and bringing me back home. You are a great friend.
I wanted to buy some white embroidery thread but they had sold out of it.
I went to my sewing this morning and so did a lot of other ladies. The room was full, we had a wonderful time. I embroidered on more butterfly, one to go then what do I do LOL, I have an idea of working on my UFOs , can you believe that ?
I did not go to my group , Pumpkin Seeds because I needed to be awake for tonight so I rested when I got home and then got out all my gear for the class.
I am too tired now to download the photos that I took today so will do it tomorrow. I might do it in the morning.
For now I am off to bed.
Have a great evening.

No comments: