a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, November 11, 2012

We remember


 A veteran's star. Today we celebrate the men and women who marched off to war , all wars. And to those who passed on while fighting those wars, we salute you. My and Margaret's dad was among them , fighting through all 4 years of WW1. We remember dad and love you despite being gone from us since 1976.



http://quilting.about.com/od/blockofthemonth/ss/easy_quilts.htm

 
Comforts of Home block, a good block for a wintery night, makes you think of warmth and coziness.

I love this knitting bear by Emblibrary, that I made today. He was fun to embroider and he looks good. I wanted him or her because I am a knitter , as well as quilter and an embroiderer. My mom taught me to knit when I was 8 years old. It was a bit of a challenge for her but then she forgot to tell me to put the stitch onto the needle when casting on and had to put up with my whining LOL. After I had that figured out it was off to the races and by the time I was 12,  I was knitting my own sweaters and socks. Nowadays I don't do anything fancy just plain socks with striping yarn and dishcloths Haha.
 
Yesterday I bought the fabric for my next 4 bingo games. I usually just get one month at a time but I thought to get organized this next few months. The themes are Snacks, Santa, Reptiles and  Halloween.  So here they are.



I'll get those out tomorrow, there is that underline again, it won'y stay off.

 

Hmm that won'y go away , it should be won't. Weird stuff happens on this computer.
 
I also made some more of those Hallowe'en blocks with the corners on them. Snowball blocks is what they are called .   Did I tell you I bought a 5 1/2 inch square ruler. Oh my gosh it was expensive,
$22.95 plus 14% tax. I used it today to square up the Hallowe'en blocks. My it did a good job. They looked nice after I did the job.
That was what I did today and it was a lot so of course I needed a nap. I read for a bit and then fell asleep. When Ray woke me up it was time for dinner. He had bought a cooked chicken for dinner so no cooking !!! Wonderful.
After dinner I just played with my computer, read the email and facebook which took quite a while.
 
This is a cat day...
 
And here are cats Way too many cats for this sink LOL.
 
Little cats....
 
Big cat....
 
 
In a pile , cats seem to love piling up don't they.
 
Waiting for you to come home or waiting for you to go out, what do you think?
 
What can I say, This face is too adorable to tell a lie.
 
Now that does look like love, on both sides of the fence.
 
Here are enough cats to satisfy any one even Margaret LOL. Right Marg?
 
This one is a pieced cat pattern. You can find it at About.com quilting.
Patchwork Cat Quilt Block Pattern
 
Time to go ladies and gentlemen.
Have a lovely evening.
Guten abend.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 








 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you mean 5 1/2 square ruler ?