a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, November 15, 2012

a tree

http://quilting.about.com/od/blockofthemonth/ss/christmas_tree.htm.

  A tree grows in Brooklyn. That was a movie when I was a teen . However this tree is a Christmas tree from Susan of Starwood quilter. She says it came from About Quilting.
 
 
 
 
This is from Susan too , it is so attractive , called a Christmas Star. Susam used beautiful fabrics to make this one as gorgoeus as it is.
 
 
This is an extra large photo but I could not see the details when it was smaller. Now I see it is an old time quilting bee. These lovely ladies are chatting and sewing , enjoying them selves as they take time from their families and home duties. I like an old fashioned photo such as this one is.
 
I spent the day on the computer trying to get somewhere with air miles for a trip back east to Quebec for Christmas. It was pure torture and ended up with nothing, no trip because they are all filled up, no sears available , no pin number and this is still November.  We had to arrange for a pin number, more time wasted ,well not quite wasted as we finally got a pin.That was all we got from Air miles. I am hoping to arrange for a hotel room in via AM in Ottawa when we have to stay overnight there.
By going to Ottawa the kids can come down from up north to pick us up and drive back. Should be entertaining!!
 
Then I called the local travel agency and they were able to accomadate me but that took some time too. So we have two tickets which we pick up at the office tomorrow afternoon.
 
Ray went to London to buy me a new printer, mine is many years old and It was difficult to get it to scan or do much of anything. It was kind of like us , too old to work well LOL. The elevator is still not working  and he had to carry it up the stairs. Poor Ray. Then he put it on the desk and got it working I hope. I haven't tried it yet but will tomorrow.
Our cleaning lady came today , it has been 2 weeks since she was here and we were happy to see her LOL.
My sewing today consisted of cleaning off my sewing machine table, well not off but tidying it up.
 
I love these little mice and even more I love to knit but nothing to hard any more LOL.  Don't you think these knitted items are adorable  LOL. I know I ahve told you my knitting beginnings recentky so I won't repeat myself.

Picture time.....
Wow this is gorgeous!!
A harvest moon? It looks like one to me.
 
Another beautiful nature picture . I wonder what makes that fabulous pink or is it a special lens that gives this deep pink. Whatever, I like the picture.
 

 

More dog talk but I understand how he feels. You must be careful where you leave things when you have a dog. I once had a dog who chewed up a very expensive pair of shoes, well one of the pair so it did not matter, it ended up being a pair wouldn't you say. They both had to be thrown out.
 
Now for those of you gentlemen who don't get it....
LOL.
 
What a beautiful sight!
 
Time to go folks.
I hope you have a lovely evening.
 
 Habari ya jioni 
 
 
   
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

1 comment:

Sam said...

I LOVE that old photo of the quilting bee so awesome. By the way I'm tagging you, check out my blog for instructions/rules http://quiltingcurve.blogspot.ca/2012/11/tag.html