a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, November 3, 2012

RAIN

Was it ever wet today, big puddles everywhere and coming around a corner that was a low spot was a bit dangerous. The undercarriage of the car was soused to say the least. The rain came down all day and had also come down all night , lots of pooling water everywhere. It is supposed to ease off tomorrow and maybe dry up a bit.
We went up to the Crossings today for our regular shopping. Lots of pretty Kolanchoes in he flower department . The grocery stores have so many beautiful plants at the entrances. 
These lovely flowers brighten up a rainy day. I messed around with the size of the picture but so what, it is a learning experience :)) Interesting size though.
 
More beauties. I had to wait at the flower stand while Ray was paying for the groceries so I took the photos.
 

I bought the latest Quilt Sampler magazine.  I love the hexagon shapes on the cover quilt.
I usually buy that magazine as it makes me  happy to see how all the stores are decorated and to enjoy the quilt hanging up in the stores, plus the sample quilts each store has created for the magazine readers.

And then across to Michaels  for some things I wanted. One was a piece of red felt to make the comb for my rooster pincushion and to buy some sand for the filling.
I got the piece of felt which was large enough for 100 combs I think  haha. When I got home I examined the sand a bit more carefully and determined that it was way to fine and might, well probably would sift through the needle holes. I need to ask Gail what to do about that. I think I'll take it back and try for something better. I have lots of batting that I can cut up to stuff the chicken. Any thoughts folks? I am thinking of going to a pet store to see if there is anything useful around the fish tanks and supplies.

Last night was not a good sleep night for me so I had to find time for sleep today and I did. 
We are watching the football game tonight and watching carefull how our quarterback Travis Lulay is functioning with the shoulder he injured 2 games ago. The first play had Lulay on the ground and on his shoulder so we'll see how that goes. Stay tuned for the results of the game later in the evening or morning whichever comes first LOL.
Now remember to turn your clocks back when you go to bed .  The old saying Spring forward Fall back is a good one to help me remember which way to set the clock. Why we need to change the time is beyond me. Saskatchewan and Arizona don't change the time so why do the rest of us? 

http://randomactsofpiece.blogspot.com/2012/09/fortune-cookie-purse.html    This is a cute little purse and it has a tutorial to go with it :))  

http://www.debbykratovilquilts.blogspot.ca/p/free-patterns.html  Lots of great patterns on Debbie Kratovil's site. Take a look! It is worth a bit of your time.

http://www.quiltpatternmagazine.com/program/freebees  A  few puzzles and a very nice basket block if you click here.  Have fun with the puzzles. You'll need to print them off.

And I have taken down my Hallowe'en wall hangings  and am preparing the Christmas ones for viewing. Too early, well we don't have a November Thanksgiving so I have to resort to Christmas or Sam's birthday LOL.


Now for the dog....
A dog's home is his castle but thisone has too many stairs LOL . It is a very clever design, what dog would ever leave home again.
 
Hahaha, can you relate?
.
 
 
 
Now that's one hot turkey LOL.
 
A simple little baby quilt that you can make , design, get ideas from. Just make a square and put anything you want on it.
 
Time to close folks.
Have a great evening.
Feasgar Math
 
 
 
 
 
 






1 comment:

Jean said...

Nan, you solved your own problem.
Pet store, they have gravel for the birds. Has something to do with their gullet, helps digest their food.
Gravel is much bigger than sand.
I would not use batting for stuffing the pincushion. You need the gravel to keep your pins sharp just like that little do-hickey that is attached to those tomato pin cushion. Jean