a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, November 5, 2012

headaches are no fun

http://madebychrissied.blogspot.com/2012/10/tutorial-laminated-mug-rug.html

Another good mug rug tutorial using laminated cotton. What a great idea. Now where can I find this cotton. No more stains.

http://www.henryglassfabrics.blogspot.com/2012/11/dawn-heeses-sentiments-sampler-quilt.html

 
 
This block is from the Quiltmaker 100 blocks. I find it to be very confusing , it appears to be a whirligig to my mind. Or maybe my mind is a whirligig. LOL.
 
We went to London Drugs today, it has been a long time since we had been there. Ray is looking for a new electric razor but he didn't buy one today- don't know why. Even when I offered to pay for it he said no. I'll get him going on that soon. :)  He's like that . We looked at the Keurig coffee system but think the coffee is way too expensive for one cup of coffee. However we would only use it if we wanted a cup in the evening. So another maybe Haha.
 
 
I made this one last year? Who knows? But also made this design for a friend this month and it arrived at her house today Hurrah! It was just the design as she wants to make a mug rug with it.
 
Then we went to Michael's to pick out the framing for our Robert Bateman poster. It is fun to choose the mats and frames . The saleslady was lovely and very helpful. We discovered that she lives in our housing complex but we didn;t get the number of her unit. Why should we, it is none of our business.  But the conversation was great and she told us she was from Halifax. Another connection as my Matthew was born there during the 2 years I lived there. So it was a down home meeting LOL.
When we were in Michaels the other day Ray found the end piece of a rosary , a cross, on the ground. Being a Catholic he picked it up and saved it. Today he found another cross on the ground, a different one, and saved it too. I wonder what that means 2 crosses in as many days or does it mean just 2 crosses in as many days.
 
When we came home I got down to embroidering. I am making a mug rug. It is not just as simple as doing the embroidery but I have to make the other half of the rug, just cutting strips and sewing them together. Next step putting the three layers together and doing the edging. I have an idea of how I'll do them. It will be a surprise.But the embroidery is no surprise-here it is.
 
Santa Cat .He looks like he was out on the town.
 
 
Then I made dinner, hot sausages, baked beans and fried onions.
Now I am writing to you all.
 
And I have a headache. Darn!
 

This beautiful tree is in front of Pat and Dave's house. Pat is the kind friend who picks me up on Tuesday mornings.
 

Isn't this gorgeous? Makes you want to eat, right?
 
 Animal love...
Love comes in all kinds and in all places.

Now this is an adorable mug rug. And it could be so easy to make. I like the centre positioning. It is different than the side by side positions.
I don't know why but I love acorn pictures and acorn quilts. This is a great wall hanging for fall.
Comfort in black and white and shades of gray.
Now I am giving my headache a rest . So good night to all of you.
Have a great evening yourselves.
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments: