a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Tuesday and election day

Nice hot dogs that Ray made for dinner. We haven't had them for ages so it was a nice treat.
Backing up....
The day started early for me at  7:00 -breakfast, reading the paper , washing Ray's hair and having my hair washed too.  Pat picked me up at 8:50 to go to Starbucks for our coffee and then to the church for sewing.
I got a wonderful gift today from a wonderful quilter and friend who has made many original and beautiful quilts, won many awards , ribbons and prizes. She made me the lighthouse point at Peggy's Cove. Oh my it is fabulous and I am so very grateful for the kindness.  Tonight I will hang it.
Betty Lu with her masterpiece.
Peggy's Cove in full. Did you recognize it. I showed it at Pumpkin Seeds and at least one person called out Peggy's Cove. It is a marvellous piece  of work.
I am still working on my antennae LOL.
I did have a good time though and Liz tried to help me figure out the chicken. Helen said she would bring me some little black beads for the eyes. I hope to get the girl together this week LOL. Once I figure it out I might make another one.
Photos of the quilts  that the ladies are making .
Diane's fabulous applique, she loves to applique and does gorgeous work.
 
Pat's beautiful little quilt for her guild's ambulance group.

 
 
 
 
After lunch Betty and I went in Joan's car to  Pumpkin Seeds at Mary Alice's. I enjoyed visiting with Jocelyn and Lynn as well as other ladies there. It is a fun place to go , lots of sewing going on, many laughs and Cake LOL.
This beauty was made by Lynn. Another master quilter as far as I am concerned.
 
Then Juliet, Joan and I went to Betty's for tea, jigsaw puzzles and getting a bit of fabric in my purse.

 Ray went to his old work plant to buy some fresh shrimp for me, he does not care for it, but the shrimp were not ready today but will be finished peeling tomorrow ,so we'll got back  then.  I am looking forward to pasta, white sauce and shrimp for dinner  on Wednesday, maybe a toasted shrimp sandwich for lunch and somewhere in there a shrimp salad. Hmm sounds great to me.!

Time for the animal files or other ones too.

I love you haha. Isn't this a beautiful scene.
 
 Please is that for us? We are such good boys.
 
This fellow has a warm sweater on today so look for cold weather.
 
Me too and that is where I am going tomorrow to get my ribs put back where they belong.
 
I laughed at this one..... Cats love to cuddle.
 
There that's the  news for tonight except for the election  which will keep us glued to the television  for the night.
Have a great evening folks.
I will.
Good evening.
Fastyr mie.
 
 
 
 
 
 


 

No comments: