a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

over and done

Happy Birthday to my dear granddaughter Katie. Love you dear Katie.
http://freemotionquilting.blogspot.com/2012/11/quilt-along-39-quilt-busting-with-matrix.html
Try this for free motion quilting, It looks easier than the scribble type of FMQ. I have oracticed the scribble FMQ for a decade and still can't get it right . I just do straight line quilting and use a nice wavy embroidery stitch from my sewing machine because I don't do a good straight line stitch. Geesh why do I even do this hobby. I'll tell you, I love to sew, I love the fabrics and colours and I mostly love the people with whom I meet every week . Life is great!!

Another 6.3 earthquake in B.C.  up on the north end of Vancouver Island off Port Hardy. 228 miles away from Vancouver.


http://www.poakalani.net/resources.html    Interested in Hawaiian quilting. If so this is a good one, you get all the pattern and instructions.

I went to the Chiropractor  this morning , 4 ribs out of place, no wonder my back hurts. They just keep popping out, I can hear them when they do that. What a pain LOL!

Then we made a trip to Albion where Ray used to work. We bought two pounds of the freshest shrimp you can get. I was very happy to get it. Rocco  had them package it up in a styrofoam box and packed it with dry ice.
Knowing the shrimp was fine we went to White Spot for lunch. Ray had their Clubhouse and salad. He didn't care for the salad but loved my cole slaw. I shared it with him.   I had beef and drippings LOL, no it was beef dip .
After Ray dropped me off at home , he took the car to get washed and I stayed home to sew.
I spent some time on the computer  trying to download another one to my memory stick. I was finally successful but it sure took some time. I have had difficulty with this one  and even had to ask  Embroidery  Library to send it again which they graciously did. It is a great comany to deal with. Anyway the outcome was successful but it all took time. It is on the stick, now to see if it works. Next on my agenda was to work on my Santa Cat mug rug. I finished it by working myself real hard LOL.
 Hard for me but not necessarily for others.
Here is my finished product , I used a variegated thread to quilt it, stitched around the block with an embroidery stitch and cut the edges with my  reliable cutter and a special cutting blade.
 
I made my own dinner tonight as Ray was not hungry and I wanted to eat some of my shrimp. So I made spiral pastas, and a white sauce. I added the shrimp to the hot sauce to warm it up. It was delicious.
I did not really manage to get to my computer to read my mail until after dinner.
A full day but a good one.
 
Nice little embroidered ornament. Start now, finish in time for Christmas .
 







Free Tutorial - Toadstool Needle Book by Cassie
 
 
 
Oh my what a trio of beauties these are. So how does it happen that I can't get the underlining to go away. Irritating ......
 


I love this red door and windows , doesn't it brighten up the street. I have often thought of painting our front door red but the condominium council wants everything to remain uniform. Too bad , but this picture is one that defies that concept.
 
Can you figure this one out? LOL I can't.
 
This is the end for tonight.
Have a great evening.   Ubusuku obuhle.
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
 






No comments: