a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

dinner out tonight

We just got home from dinner out with Sam at the Keg. We had a wonderful visit with him and food becomes secondary in a situation like that. He told us about his Christmas in Toronto with his mom and about his journey to Israel. His next business venture will be Hong Kong. He is becoming a world traveller like his dad and several of my sons. He is a wonderful man and we love him greatly.
Today was my sewing morning .Pat picked me up and we went to Starbucks for our usual coffee and chat. It was great. We chatted about quilting and a bit about knitting. I finished another dishcloth, the pile keeps growing. If I get too many I will give them to the guild to sell and make a bit of money for the guild.
Then we went on to the church for our morning of fun. I just got a couple of pieces basted down for my butterfly applique. I use the freezer paper method , iron the fabric onto the freezer paper template and then  baste the quarter inch seam allowance down and it is ready to applique. I see many of the women just put the freeaer on top and applique it down that way or just draw the quarter inch line on the fabric. I feel safer doing it my way. I tried the other ways and the darn thing escapes me. LOL
Conversation was brisk and entertaining.
Once again I was not able to go to Community Quilts but I'll see many of the ladies tomorrow at guild. I look forward to seeing them again. It has been a month.
After I got home a started to watch a movie but I was tired since I got up early for me. 7:00 and I usually get up at 9:00. I caught up on my sleep and then we got ready to go and meet Sam.
My laptop is ready to pick up , thank goodness. He had to put me on Firefox as my default browser. Internet Explorer was not being friendly. So it's gone. I will be very happy to get it back , I am not happy with the keyboard for the PC, it makes too many mistakes LOL.
Let's see if I can get some old photos for tonight .
Pick me, pick me. I'll  take the two of them , they are just so cute.
As the sun sets into the sea......
Whe we were in Tobago with Richard in better times this is how sunset looked. Amazing!
I can't recall when thisphoto of Matthew and the kids was taken but I like it.
 
That's the news for today folks , the keyboard is driving me nuts.
Have a wonderful evening.
Good evening
 
 
 
 

No comments: