a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

embroidering

Embroidery today. It took several hours but it is good. My friends on my Flyladies list offered to make Rick a quilt with a nautical theme. Sue asked me to make one of my embroidery blocks and of course I did.  I am happy with the block.
It is a great design don't you think.  I hope maybe to do another pieced block.  If I can find one I like.
 
In the morning Ray and I went to the doctor. He had a good physical check up and it was all good.
I had an appointment too , not so good. I have H Pylori and have to take anti biotics. I seem to have a problem with antibiotics and infections. I wonder why they don't go away. Oh well I am a host or should I say hostess LOL. So it is 7 days of antibiotics 8 pills a day. That should be fun to get down, 4 in the morning and again in the evening. Aren't we fortunate that we can take anti biotics  to get rid of infections. I am hoping that it will help my gut too.
We came home and I started to get things ready for my embroidery, thread colours stabilizer and fabric. I used a blue batik because I thought it would look good and it does.
I wanted to make the blocks for guild but they require some cutting and there was no time. Maybe tomorrow.
Marg came over this afternoon to return two of my books. I had not read one of them but because I had a pile of books. I gave it to her to read in advance.
Richard called and we had a nice long conversation. It was good  for me and I hope for him too.
Life is strange. Even when you are sad you can find something to laugh at. And you definitely need to laugh , no matter what. I hear that laughter can clear your lungs and keep your heart healthy. Well i am not sue about the lungs but I see that it does boost your immune system. So I should laugh hearty every morning even if I am not amused LOL. Fake it till you make it as the saying goes. 
We saw a dog tied up outside  Safeway when we went for my prscription. He had his tail between his legs. I thought he was cold but Ray said he was an abused dog. It was raining and chilly so who knows.
What do you think?
 
Stunning cat. He looks ferocious but his eyes are gentle.
 
Blue flowers are not that common and this blue is stupendous. What could be more perfect?
 
Nice quilt from Craftsy. It looks like the sashing I like  three strips and a nine patch, white square in between, scrappy fabrics. Easy eh!
Dogs are very smart!
 

Friends! and by the way look at that cat's tail.
Like this advice. Men too can knit. My uncle Gavin used to knit socks and mitts Peter, Marg and me for Christmas. I still remember a yellow pair of mitts that he gave me.
Uncle Gavin on the right and Dad on the left ready for action in WW1.
 
Okay that is all for tonight.
Have a lovely evening.
Good night.
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the picture of your Dad and Gavin. Lisa just framed and hung his dress uniform picture on our Wall of Military Service at home. Was Gavin the one who died in the flu epidemic?