a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Sun

Not too grey a day today. The sun even peeped through for a bit.
But it was Tuesday and Pat and I were on our way early. Not early for Pat but around the time we left it was my get up time. And my night's sleep was short because I could not get to sleep for thinking about Richard.
He should be home today from Louisiana. It appears that he and Ricky had a great time with Adam and his family.



 And my browser is back Hurrah!! Just found it .
patterns in her Craftsy Pattern Store! Click: http://www.craftsy.com/ext/20130122_1_FB_quilting_club_1b

MUG RUGS Some great ideas here if you like these little quilts. I do but don't seem to get many done. They surely attract me.


Well how did this happen? I started to look for a photo , got side tracked by a call from Peter my son . He lives in Calgary and helps richard. Peter is a wonderful guy. All my sons are pretty fab! Anyway we talked for over an hour, mostly about Richard but some about Peter's life. Peter lives in Calgary but his wife lives in White Rock where she is fulfilling a contract. As soon as that is over she is moving to Calgary to be with him.It was a wonderful phone visit.
And then I got interested in the TV and forgot that I was writing a blog. Really  I must focus.....
So now I'm back and we are watching NCIS Los Angeles.
At sewing this morning there were some lovely quilts. I talked with Betty Lu who is making a fantastic Baltimore , an original.

She is actually making two of them , one for her friend in Virginia and one for herself. She is an amazing original quilter. She also has a house in Maine and has invited us to visit. I don't think I can go though. Maine is a long way from home. I have been there twice and would love to go again.  Her husband only has one more year on his contract with UBC. He is a mathematician. That amazes me because I am in no way good with mathematical concepts, the easy ones yet.

Liz made a beautiful redwork quilt, it was quilted on a longarm by Liz' daughter and beautifully done.

Pat had a gorgeous quilt to show as well.

It was a fun morning with dear friends. We all ate our lunch , worked a bit more and then Pat drove me home. I had a doctor appointment at 2:20 just to get a requisition for some sugar tests. After all I did tell you that I fasted last week for nothing.

So true, this  fits with my morning activities, doesn't it.

These are great blocks by Pat Sloan, actually the blocks are simple but I like the colours.
Does this make you laugh or smile, it did me.
 
There is nothing like mother love. See how this mother boxer hugs her baby. It is such a peaceful picture.
I don't know which bird this is except to say he is beautiful.
 
Now I am going to unload the pictures in the camera that I took this morning.
There that's done and so am I.
Have a good evening.
Buona sera.
 
 
 






No comments: