a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Saturday meeting

Well I thought we were going to protest the hockey by not watching the first game after the strike. But that didn't happen LOL the stands are full at the hockey rink and Ray is eagerly watching and commenting haha. It is a sell out there. I knew it would happen that way. Canucks fans live and die by the game. Haha.

Henrik and Daniel Sedin the twins, my hockey heroes. Not only are they good hockey players but they are generous with their time and money, spending time at Childrens Hospital and donating a million dollars to the same.

We had to go to the denturist at 5:00 PM and after we was finished we went to TOPS for dinner. When we arrived at the door the owner opened the door for us to enter. Nice treatment. I had my favourite Salisbury Steak and Ray had pork chops. All good food there. We enjoyed our meal.
As for the day , at noon we went to Price Mart to shop for groceries. Remember I told you last week out old store had closed so we had to find a new one. This one works well for us and we feel comfortable shopping there. It is not the first time we shopped in this store but we will be shopping there most of the time now. Ray told me to go and sit by the magazines and he would do the shopping and I could read the magazines.  I bought one ,Quilting Quickly. It has a good lesson on binding. I have no trouble with binding until I get to the end where we join the two pieces. It is not really very neat and I used to get Lynn to do that for me. She is very ill now and neither one of us gets to Community Quilts any more. So I think  I'll buy the binding tool they use in the lesson. I know it is a gimmick to sell things but I am in the mood to buy things. LOL
Opps first goal goes to Anaheim. Too bad for us, good for them.

While we were there and I was at the magazines who should come by but Matthew. Very nice to see him. Caroline came along a few minutes later. We had a nice aisle conversation. Matthew said he was going to make squash soup tomorrow and he would bring some by if we were interested. We were, so I expect to see my boy tomorrow.
Matthew and me at one of the visits.

Rick is still in Lake Charles with big brother Adam. Sister in law Lisa made them Etouffe for dinner and as Rick described it with shrimp and a sauce all over rice it would be a delicious meal. I'll have to ask Lisa for the recipe. Maybe . I have lots of shrimp in the freezer but Ray won't eat it to I will have to make some just for myself. Well I could be a pig and eat it all. Not a very good idea.

My pieces for the fabric bowl are all dry. I hope I can put it together properly. If I have a problem I'll go back to Tom's for some help. I am not too sure of the process of finishing with a narrow zig zag. I must do samples first to get the size I want.
I am almost afraid to tackle it.
Getting photos up on my blog from Picasa is so difficult , particularly new ones. I spend way too much time on it so there won't be many photos tonight. I am hoping that Java will bring back my browser soon.
Ladies at the quilt. That's the way they did it in those days. Once when I was in  Intercourse Pennsylvania I went to a quilt shop. The people there invited me to go upstairs and there I saw rows of this type of quilting table. It was fascinating. The Amish were still doing things the old way and selling their beautiful hand quilted quilts in the stores. One that stuck in my mind was a beautiful hand quilted whole cloth quilt, the subjects were swans facing each other at both ends of the quilt. It was a sky blue piece and unforgetable. Nice memory. No pictures though.
Time to rest folks.
Have a lovely evening.
 
 
 









No comments: