a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Gone to class

I made it! tonight Kathy and I were at an embroidery class where we made or started to make a free standing lace bowl. It is a bowl that is made with separate panels of lace and sewn together. I only got three out of six panels made. My machine is much slower thatn the very expensive machines the other ladies had . Their fast machines enabled them to get all six panels and the centre done.  I'll keep working on mine this week.


This morning Pat picked me and we went to Starbucks for our weekly coffee and chat. I had to buy a sandwich today as we didn't have anything in the house to make a sandwich.  

Then it was off to the church for our Tuesday group. I worked for a bit on the last butterfly getting part of the top section done.  Betty was sad that I could not go to Pumpkin Seeds and to her house for tea because there is no way for me to get home. I'll have to plead with Ray to come and pick me up there.

When I came home with Pat, I had a nap, a short one but I knew I needed one so that I could go to the class tonight. It was a good class and the ladies were so nice. Quilters are  very nice to each other.

We are watching a programme of celebrity houses. Amazing palaces but they are so perfect it looks as if no one lives there even though the owners are on the show. Perfect to look at but not so perfect to live in ,that's my humble opinion.

As you see no new photos but we are going back tomorrow to see if we can find the browser.

Richard and Ricky  made it to Lake Charles in Louisiana to visit Adam and Lisa. Richard called this afternoon to let me know they had arrived safely. He is so thoughtful.  I know they will have a good holiday as Adam is an excellent  travel organizer and will show them a wonderful time . New Orleans here they come!!

It is late and I am so tired that it is time for bed.
It is too late to wish you a great evening so have a lovely morning.
Good night.


1 comment:

Michelle said...

Your groups sound like so much fun. I'm glad you were able to get out. Did you get any pictures of quilts? I have an embroidery machine, but I've never made free standing lace. The bowl sounds like a neat project. Does the machine also stitch the sides together or does that need to be done on a conventional machine?