a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, January 5, 2013

memory escapes me

Hmm forgot to take my laptop for servicing. Maybe I'll remember to do it tomorrow. If it isn't fixed , no photos. I am mad at myself but what good does that do.

I began another dishcloth today . Soon I plan to start a pair of socks, then who knows waht may come next . Tomorrow the world LOL. I definitley need to get some applique started for Tuesday. And next week it is Guild on Wednesday. busy time and I fell up to it. That's great!! 
 
The thing I like about knitting is that it needs very little equipment , only a ball of wool and a pair of needles as opposed to quilting which requires a myriad of things, needles, rulers, fabric, cutter, preparation and so on. Just pick up your needles and go for it.That makes it very simple and relaxing.

Our day was quite slow, just shopping for groceries , then coming home for a sandwich. We bought some corned beef and rye bread. So it was that and sauerkraut to make a sandwich. It was very good but we forgot to add mustard to the bread.  Tomorrow we'll get it right LOL

I relaxed and read my book. I am almost through WW1 at1917. Whenever I read anything about WW1 I think about my dad being there for all 4 years of that terrible war. How he survived it is a miracle. I am glad he made it through or Marg , our deceased brother Peter and I would not be here and neither would my sons and Marg's two children Karin and Michael.   I think about him all through the part of the story that is that time period.

Then I had a nap. Last night was a wash for me, hardly slept at all so today I was quite tired.   I spent most of the night reading.
 
It's time to get your Christmas chipped So there is no extra mess around. People here are really good about that. There is a fee and the money goes to children's charities so it is all for a good cause.

And today it was all rain and according to Wesla our weather reporter it is rain tomorrow too. Our weatherman Wayne retired this psst week so now most of the meteoroligists are women except for  Mark Madriga. We watch the news every night and don't like to lose our well loved news announcers. But life goes on, folks retire or move on and that's the way it is.

Do you recall this cat and the cat quilt. I loved it the first time I saw the quilt but I never made it. It is however in my computer. This is an old photo and that is all I can get on my blog these days. No updated ones for some reason, but this is a cheerful cat.  Patchwork Quilt Cat pattern can be found at About.quilting.com, Janet Wickle . Lots and lots of patterns there. Go look and enjoy yourself.
 
That's it for tonight folks.
Have a great evening.
 
Buona Sera.
 
 
 
 
 












1 comment:

Jean said...

Thousand Island dressing would be great on the corned beef sandwich.yum
What happened to Friday's blog? you didn't say. Jean