a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, January 21, 2013

Monday is not a blue day but a grey one

Fantastic Octagonal Orbs Quilt by Elizabeth from Oh, Fransson! "I quilted using a very light gray thread (Aurifil 50 wt 2600). The quilting is a bunch of giant pom-pom flowers all nested together and was inspired by Angela Walters Flower Power design" 

To see more visit
http://www.ohfransson.com/oh_fransson/2013/01/octagonal-orbs-quilt-is-finished.htmlI am starting with this quilt because it is so bright and colourful. Why? Because we have had nothing but fog all day and for days all week. It is not fun but at least it is not as cold as in other parts of the continent . I see many of my internet friends are really suffering from the cold so I'll take fog as a blessing. However it is also damp and poor Ray is suffering from great arthritic pain. He took the day out because the cleaning lady was here and he always goes out while she works. I don't know why .
Marg also came over to entertain me while Lynn worked. LOL. She brought me another book to read. I really must settle down and start reading in the daytime for a change , instead of computerizing. Aha! I just coined a new word. My book pile is getting higher and higher.
I see that Monday the 21st of January is supposed to be the saddest day of the year. I hadn't noticed.  I should be sad because my FSL bowl has collapsed and there is no way to repair it, so it is back to the drawing board.
Hey I found a dog, hope it's not one that has already been posted. However he/she is so cute it won't hurt to see the photo again. The collection of pictures that I have access to is dreadful and especially Because I have a ton of them I can access from my Java account. But not today....
I bought some designs for Valentine mug rugs today. I hope I can get some sone before that special day. I'd like to make ond for Ray and our daughter Lynn and one for Rick. If I can get them done fairly quiklu I'll try for the other boys. Not that it will matter if they are a bit late. So that is my agenda for the next little while.
 
Tomorrow is my quilting group. I have to come back early for a doctor's appointment but I think I may have persuaded Ray to pick me up on Tuesdays at Betty's and that means I can go to  Community Quilts. Hurrah!!
 
2013 Fraser Valley Quilters' Guild - BOM
http://www.fvqg.org/block.php
 
It has been a while since I winged this one by you. So new blocks have been added since then. I always enjoy this guild's BOMs.
 
A few free patterns here. I just downloaded the Redwork design.
The last of the Crazy Dogs and the rest of the dog patterns Free.
 
There just a few items  to read and I hope you can get the chance/time  to do so. It is fun to walk around sites like these.
 
 
Photo: After too many hours on the computer over the past few days (did you see the newsletter yesterday?), I'm in 'need' of some sewing time...so yes - I'll be changing up my routine this morning and get some sewing in!

When's the next time you get to sew?
Anyone with me this morning?I did not sew today, too busy with visiting and the cleaner. Plus I made dinner for Ray and I. Not that it took a lot of effort. Just leftover gravy and pork. It's all done now so I can start on something new. I have two small quiche in the freezer for the next meal.
We also had a nice dessert that we got from M&M. Some kind of a little pastry and apple filling dessert with ice cream. MMM lovely. We might go back to that store LOL.
So that's my tale for tonight.
Have a great evening folks , if not tonight then tomorrow night.
Buenos Noches
 

 
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

Jean said...

Never heard of he saddest day. Wonder if that has anything to do with MLK's birthday or some might think because of the inauguration of Obama.
It was a great day here. Sunny and mild. A new day... Jean