a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, January 31, 2013

strong medicine

I started taking the pills the doctor gave me for H Pylori and the first four packed a wallop. They sent me to be and to sleep. I wonder what will happen with the second set of four tonight. Sleep I guess. Wonderful LOL. But it is only for a week and then I'll be healthy again.
So my day has been nothing. No going out, no sewing. Maybe tomorrow will be a bit better.

Richard wrote some good advice on his blog today.
Richard is Living With ALS is where you'll find his blog.
I wish some of my other sons would write a blog. However most of them are on Facebook and accessible by phone. We have so many ways to communicate these days. I recall my Mom and Dad sitting at the desk in the second living room`which was supposed to be a dining room, and writing letters in answer to the ones they received. Our relatives were all somewhere else like England and Scotland, Manitoba, Alberta, Ontario and New Brunswick. So there were lots of letters to write every week. And we kids had to write Thank you notes for gifts and visits. Both my parents wrote letters, Dad to his family and mom to hers.
Adam told me that he and Lisa had a military photo wall of   family who served in the military. I thought it was a lovely idea. My dad and uncle are on that wall. The ones I showed recently and some more too.  Adam and Matthew both served in the Canadian navy and Aaron served in the Iraq war. Our family has seen generations of service to their countries.
Same photo as last night and the one on the right sometime around 1912 dad with one of his many sisters. Family of 8 children, 2 boys and 6 girls. Dad's brother William died in the 1918 flu epidemic.
Have you seen these...
Carrots-Purple and according to my nephew Lawrence there are red ones too as well as the orange we know. Lawrence says the purple one taste the best. He gets them at a market in Edmonton.
Hahaha I love the look on his face.Whatever am I doing here I ask you?
 
 Ditto!!!!!
 
Wonderful creatures I love them. Several age groups in this picture. I have a few pictures of elephants.
Pretty quilt , all small squares and all scrappy. Not mine but from Craftsy.
Time to go folks.
Have a great evening.
And a gentle sleep for all of us.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

Sandy said...

Hi Nan have not visited your blog in a very long time so nice to see it again.
The quilt is Scrappy trips around the world and is a free Bonnie K. Hunter pattern on her blog Quiltville quips and snips.
I am planning on starting one soon - the squares are not cut individually.
Sandy in South Australia

nanboudreau said...

It is good to hear from you Sandy. I hope all is well.
love
Nan