a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

message board

Richard Is Living With ALS    Jocelyn, I can't find you email address so here is how to get to Rick's blog. It is a lost and found story HaHa.

My day was plugged with thing that happened. First I went with Juliet to my sewing group, thanks Juliet for the ride. I did a lot of chatting but managed to get one full wing appliqued on the butterfly and positioned two more. This butterfly has four wings.
We had our lunch. I have become the lunch bell LOL.  When I take out my lunch at 11:30 they all say lunch time Nan? And some get their lunches out too. Ray made me a Cappicola sandwich , two bottles of water and an apple. I ate half the sandwich, the apple and one water.
I packed up my things and waited for Sharon to take Betty and me to Community Quilts Hurrah!! It was so nice to be happily received . I talked with Jocelyn for some time. It was so good to see her again. And Ione was as great as always.
Some hospital quilts.....
Betty made this one , I love the orange hearts and the dotted background with orange spots.
Ohio star in Ohio star. This is a great block.  I made a quilt with this block a long time ago.
Now this is easy and interesting as well.
 
I left my walker outside and Sharon helped me into the house. I can hold on to arms for a short trip so leave the walker on the car. Then Susan got me out to the car to go to Betty's where we had tea and goodies , as well as the latest quilting magazines to look at.
When it was time to leave Sharon helped down the stairs and waited  for Ray to come and pick me up. I had phoned him from Betty's to say it was time for him to come and pick me up. So we waited and waited and waited. We were pretty cold and decided to sit in the car. After more waiting I said to Sharon, "Why don't you go home." and I thanked her for waiting with me.
I went back in to Betty's I was kind of worried about Ray but thought he had gotten lost. I had made him a map but if it was the wrong way up he might have confused the directions.  I hope he would go home and call Betty. I wasn't at Betty's long before the phone rang. It was Ray and he was home. So I said stay there and I'll take a taxi. The taxi was there in about 8 minutes and we were off. $21 later I was home. The driver was good to me and took care of my stuff and walker so I gave him a nice tip. He said it was too much. Wow I was impressed.
Home again and I told Ray we should go out for dinner. Guess  where we went. Yes TOPS. Haha.
When we arrived back home it was to find the elevator was out of commission. Dag nab it I had to get myself up 3 flights of stairs. Not an easy task with wonky legs, but lucky for me my arms are good enough to drag me up the stairs. Poor Ray got stuck with taking the walker up. No need to hurry though we can take our time.
That was my day LOL. Wouldn't you say it was a full day?
I'll answer for you...It was !
Now isn't this adorable mom and puppies.

Blue and white is so clean looking. So said my sons' paternal grandmother.
I love these hexagon quilts as I may have said before. I do tend to repeat myself. LOL.
 
Wendy was making beaded necklaces this morning at quilting. I should have taken a picture and Judy was knitting one of those curly scarves that are so popular right now.  More shouldas.
That's it folks I am ready for bed.
Have a good evening.
I am not going to do the language good evenings for a while.


 
 
 
 
 



No comments: