a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

forgetting

I tend to forget to write this blog lately. I don't know why but there it is. At least I do remember if only a bit late.

The evening is a bit warm tonight and we have the air conditioner on. One thing I do not like about the air conditioner is that it makes too much noise and interferes with hearing the TV. 
tonight it is particularly odious and loud. We are watching NCIS New Orleans. I like this show because as I have said before I have been to New Orleans. I enjoy this city and love to have coffee and beignets at Cafe Du Monde  in Jackson Square. There is  nice shopping there too. I bought a nice hanging there at a lovely lace shop. Everything in it was lace. The square has really neat shops and it is great to walk around the square, go in and out of the shops and sit for coffee. There is a great statue of Andrew Jackson on horseback. I tried to get the picture to put up here but no luck.Anyway if you want to see him just post Andrew Jackson and it  will offer up the picture of him astride his horse.Great picture. Even better in reality but if that is not possible the picture will do.

Did I mention that I attended a retirement party at my old school yesterday. It was a lot of fun visiting with all the teachers that I worked with for so many years. I do like getting together with old friends and to see what they have been doing over the course of the intervening years. 

Today we went to the Ostomy Clinic to pick up some new supplies for me and then as we usually do when we go to the clinic we then head up the road for Fish and Chips at Cockney Kings. Great fish and chips there. We came home after that and I had a little nap.
So that was the day, real quiet.
And tonight we are just watching TV and being quiet.




No comments: