a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

An applique day

I spent the day with friends sewing , what could be better I ask you? My work was appliqueing pieces of a butterfly in gorgeous greens on a WOW background, There is one done in beautiful pinks on the same background. I use silk thread for my applique from my war chest of many spools. However I am feeling the need to add to my collection of threads so maybe if I can talk Ray into going to a shop I'll get a few more spools. There are three more butterflies ready to be appliqued, one mauve, one blue, the other yellow. I still need to add the embroidery for the antennae.
Another evening watching a Cold Case that is still too warm since I have seen it. Don't you all think that TV programming is so poor, way too many repeats and not nearly enough new episodes. I do like The Mentalist though. The concept of being able to read people and know if they are telling the truth or not captivates me since I am so bad at reading what people are saying. I trust too easily and believe everyone LOL.
Fortunatley the majority of people are really decent .
Life in Vancouver is getting exciting with the Olympics so close, it was a bit cooler this morning , encouraging us that snow may arrive in time :>)) Excitement is is the air. The Olympic Flame is almost in the city having spent may weeks crossing the country .
Yea the Vancouver Canucks won the hockey game last night!! Neither Ray nor I can remember who we won against, oh my how time robs us of remembrance LOL

1 comment:

Miss M said...

I have the strangest feeling I'm going to LOVE that particular piece of appliqué ;)