a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Olympic Digest-bits and pieces 01/31/10

A bit cooler today and more rain. Usually rain down below means snow on the mountains. Not much Olympic news today, it was all about the Show of Hearts. We raised 7.6 milliion I think, an Olympic effort :>)
I did find out from my friend who is a volunteer that there wil be transportation for volunteers from Vancouver to Whistler and free transportation for other volunteers around town.
An intersting little bit, I have a few friends who are volunteers,one of whom is in my weekly quilting group. She was so proud of her uniform pieces that she brought them to the group to show us. There were a number of lovely pieces, pants,jacket, a couple of T shirts , I can't recall all the pieces but there seemd to me to be more than this, I'll ask her. The clothing was so beautifully made, Nancy even showed us all the seams LOL, the fabric was gorgeous . I asked; and there are pants, a jacket, 2 tee shirts , a vest and toque..no socks? :>)) The designer stood in the shower for two hours with the uniform on to make sure it was impermeable to water. Hope that is proper English LOL. The pieces have special bits-pockets that are inside security pockets , so no need for a purse. I want that!! Also the pants are either inside pants or outside pants depending what the job is. The outside pants are fleece lined and the inside pants are a lovely stretchy fabric. The uniform can be changed from Olympic to Paralympic by just changing the patches. The Paralympics are after the Olympics. So don't leave us too soon, you'll want to see the paralympics too. It will be amazing!!

No comments: