a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, January 16, 2010

sunshine in my heart

What a beautiful day in Vancouver today. Sunny and warm,I wore a sweater over my tee shirt. There is nothing like my home town on a lovely day. You'll be hearing this again in the Spring when I really wax exstaaaaaaaaatic!!
I had a nap this afternoon after shopping but before I fell asleep I read my latest book by an author that I have not encountered before. It was a slow start but revs up as the story goes on. It is murder, spies, CIA and subterfuge in a tightly knit novel. Some books are what I call a loosely written story almost as if they have holes in them, are thin, not many pages and no intense plot design. Others are tightly written ,small print, many pages, intense emotions, tight plot runs , time for character build up, intrigue and mystery along with good locations.This book is one of the second type athough a new author to me so it takes a bit to get into the style. The story takes place in a number of places which is fun , the author is able to take you on a journey to Nicaragua during the time of Oliver North and his antics with Noriega and money laundering, from Washington DC where the murders take place and in Seattle looking for the person of interest. Good read!! I am on page 396 still app. 150 to go.
Title is A Simple Act of Violence.
Author: R.J. Ellory

He has another title named" A Quiet Belief in Angels "

2 comments:

Judy Ellsworth said...

I'm enjoying your reviews so much, Nan. I put this on my "to read" list on Goodreads. This author is new to me, too.

nanboudreau said...

Judy, your remarks are so encouraging... It is fun to find a new author I think.