a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Friday, January 8, 2010

body scanners and stuff

Louis is out of thehospital on a daypass, then he has to go back into the hospital until next week. Isn't that strange?
My sister with the broken arm has to wear the sling for another three weeks. She thought to have it off this week, the 5th week since she broke it. But I saw the Xray and it was an awful break.. We oldies heal slowly. Margaret is going on a cruise next week so maybe it is a good thing the sling stays so that she doesn't get shoved in the crush at the airport. What a mess the Vancouver airport is with the new body scanners . I think they are a huge travesty and so intrusive . I hate the idea of being naked in public so to speak. Can't wait for the triple mess when the Olympic arrive next month.
That makes me not want to fly any more. Surely there is a better way , can't they pay attention to the reports that come in about terrorists. We are all being held hostage! Oh well this is too political but sometimes.....
Tomorrow I will talk about wool!!

2 comments:

Gail in Arizona said...

Nan those body scanners are not for everyone to see - one a certain person sees them. No worse than having a MRI or body scan done at a hospital. Personally I am thankful for them. I think we have them here at the Phoenix airport also now. I sure won't mind going through them.

Gail in Arizona

Anonymous said...

I'm not bothered by the scanners... There's one person locked in a tiny room that doesn't get to see the real human that reviews the pictures. There are no identifying characteristics shown (since it's all done via radio wave) and the pictures are deleted after being reviewed and confirmed that there are no dangers.

It's way less intrusive than a pat-down and strip search ;)