a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, January 30, 2010

postings awry

I look at the blogs of others and they all look so good. The postings stay together with the pictures. I just wrote a posting re the Olympics and it came in under the pictures that were with yesterdays post. So I had to remove them and put them on the side. I want it to be kept in place with the photos not separated. So far I have had trouble with the layouts of my blog and am not too happy with it. Oh well I'll wait until Mary comes over on the 15th. She can help me.
The Show of Hearts Telethon for the kids and children's hospital is on TV tonight and right now Paul McCartney is performing, not sure it it is live or a live stream feed. Ah as I suspected it is a feed.. he is said by the announcer to be at the top of his game and he does sound really good. Too bad y'all can't tune in LOL.

We again donated to the Telethon , every year they offer a Robert bateman print and for the past 3 years we have been fortunate to take up that offer. This year the print is a snow leopard. In previous years we have received polar bears, sea otters, and a tiger- all very beautiful. We gave the otters to our grandson for his new home and we had it framed so that he could put it up on the wall immediately.
I found some batting just the right size for my little quilt and I have some backing too so yippee I don't have to buy anything. Well I was looking forward to going shopping but that will have to wait until another time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not sure where to put this comment as it deals with your delightful hallowe'en quilt ANd the Olympics. the quilt is truly delightful. What settings did you use for the blanket stitch? My husband leaves this week (from Alberta)to volunteer at the Olympics. he's a bit concerned about transportation 1) in and around the city and 2) from Squamish to Whister. A bus is supposed to be picking him up - I hadn't considered there would be drivers from anywhere but BC. I obviously have much to learn.

nanboudreau said...

That worked Anonymous ..The bus should work for him, I think volunteers are privileged but I will ask a friend about it and answer in the blog.
Thank you for the remarks on my Hallowe'en quilt.
And we all have a lot to learn LOL.