a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Friday, January 15, 2010

Look Up, Look Up...."

It has been my personal obversation that we don't look up enough, at least I don't. The meaning for me is not the saying that your sales managers give you to add incentive to your selling prowess, "Keep you feet on the ground and your head in the stars". Probably good advice if you are selling Lipstick. I mean to practically look up. Most of us, myself for sure look mostly at things on eye level and below. For instance, the other morning, I spent a lot of time looking for a pair of warm socks that I had in my hand a short time earlier.In the bedrooms, the kitchen, the bathroom where I thought they were, upstairs in the computer room, downstairs in the living room but they were no where to be found. Ya, ya upstairs, downstairs , in my lady's chamber. NOT!!Finally once again in the water closet I raised my eyes to the heavens in exasperation , lo and behold there they were on the top of a towel rack. Once again I was reminded that I need to look up. That happens on the groceery store and wherever else I am. So now my mantra is Look Up, Look up. :>))) There you most likely will find what you are looking for.
The past few days have been very full with dinner on Wednesday night with my guild friends, then the evening at guild where we worked on the issues of money, so difficult to come up with good ideas for recruiting and making money to apy for the room and the insurance. It is a hard job as many mambers do not like change. Then Thursday aftr 2 doctor appointments my friend Kathy and I went to a sewing class the subject of which was using metallic thread effectively. Interesting. Today 2 more doctor appointments and then I am off to my pot luck group. We are 9 teachers some /most retired and a couple still teaching who have been together since the late 70s. We each take an appetizer, veg plate or dessert, just one of those not all three LOL. Tonight I will take shrimp, seafood sauce, baguette bread sliced, buttered, smoked salmon sliced thin and 2 kinds of cream cheese lite and regular. I think the others will like that, don't you?
For the hostess I have embroidered on my embropidery machine a tea towel with a chef on it and for one of the other ladies a tea towel with a cup of cappucino on it. Most of the others have their towels and I want to get it all finished up so I can start another hostess item. However there are still 2 towels to go. Next time it will be done. Pictures going up.. have a look.

5 comments:

Judy Ellsworth said...

Beautiful "Shade of Blue" photo!

Judy Ellsworth said...

Such pretty towels. Makes me want to get back to embroidery. I didn't know you were a teacher! That's another thing in common; I taught high school chemistry in another, much earlier life.

nanboudreau said...

Glad you liked the towel Judy. And I could never teach those sciences. I was a schmuk at them in school. But I did enjoy my Grade 3 students.It was an earlier life for me too :>)

Diana Davis said...

I'm just so tickled to be able to post on your blog I never really know what to say! LOL
But I hear ya about looking up. You know flylady does tell us occasionally to look up and get those cobwebs! ;^) I see them quite often; more now that I have the hardwood floors.
Well as usual I love your work. And I love the blue hydrangea!

nanboudreau said...

Diana, The blue hydrangeas are so common here , they turn blue because the soil is so acidic from all the rain. I love them, they are my favourites. Thank you so much for all the lovely compliments.