a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, January 17, 2010

a birthday dayand quilty stuff

An 18th birthday lunch for Chelsea, our granddaughter. We took the family out to the White Spot which is our favourite restaurant. Matthew our son, Caroline our daughter in law and Ryan our grandson were in the party. We had a good time and helped Chelsea out with the purchase of a new camera for her special day. Chelea is a jazz musician and plays the saxophone. She will be playing in her band at some of the Olympic venues when they come to town. So it is an exciting time for her.
After we came home I started to cut up fabric,5 inch squares of florals and some strips for a cushion cover that our Granddaughter Meg wants, she is Louis' wife. You can see about Louis in an earlier blog. She liked mine so I thought I would make her one. I sewed the strips together and pressed out the seams. By then my back was in spasm so It was time to stop. I so wanted to get it all done. Maybe later this evening. I also need to cut some brown squares for corner stones on my Hallowe'en wall hanging. Late! you say ,well I say early LOL> I knew it would never get done for Hallowe'en when I started it in October so it was decided to make it for next year LOL.
But at least somethings got done which is up from the past few weeks.:>))

2 comments:

Jaayimee said...

Your grandson is adorable!

nanboudreau said...

I agree Jamie, thanks... :>))
Nan