a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, January 23, 2010

not going upstairs

No pictures tonight either, too tired to go upstairs and add photos. Tomorrow I should do better. I was going to do a blog on the Queen , had it all written in my mind this morning and now it is gone. The disadvantage of age.The mind is like a slipping clutch, sometimes it engages and sometimes it doesn't. When the clutch goes entirely so does the mind. I am reminded of a car I once had, a red Corvair. The clutch on that one was so bad I could barely drive that car, so I bought a new one, needed it anyway. It was a gold Datsun, a forerunner of my yellow Mustang, in colour I mean, and that car cost me $1800 brand new. No doubt a princely sum at the time but in retrospect a beggarly amount compared to the cost of the new Taurus which we want but will not buy.
The Mustang which we bought in 1987 cost only $1300, I have had it all these years and it is the best of cars, I will not ever get another car. It took four years to pay for it but since then it has been coasting all the way....free driving . Could it get any better I ask you?
We are watching hockey tonight as we do several nights a week. I now can actually see what is going on. When my youngest son Matthew was playing hockey I didn't even see when he made a goal , which end is yours Matthew. Of course I was so ignorant that he just shook his head and wandered off. I had missed his crowning moment. Some moms just don't get it LOL.... well that was in the 70s so hopefully I am forgiven :>)
Anyway tonight it is the Vancouver Canucks and the Chicago Blackhawks, I'll tell you later who won this game.

1 comment:

Miss M said...

Remind me while I'm there and I'll see if I can't set it up so you can access your photos upstairs from the livingroom through the network :)