a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Robert B.Parker

As I was reading one of Parker's books I saw in my local newspaper, no , not reading them both at the same time, that he had died on January 18th 2010. I am sorry to hear that. This particular book is called A Stranger in Paradise which brings a song of the same title to mind and it won't go away LOL. I bought the book from the remainder table earlier in the month because it featured Jesse Stone , a television character played by Tom Selleck and I do enjoy that programme. Tom Selleck as the lead plays the character of Jesse Stone exactly as written in the book as if the dialogue is picked up right off the pages and transferred to Selleck's mouth if you can picture that :>0.
Selleck is Jesse Stone, and with his terse, cryptic remarks and comments, he sets the scene perfectly with his aw shucks style. The book is slow and easy and involves very little effort on the part of the reader but still it is a good story.
A sad time in American literature to lose Robert B 'Parker, I must read some more of his works.
Today I continued to work on my border for the wall hanging that I am doing , cutting the rest of the strips , sewing them together and slicing the sections to the correct size. Tomorow I hope to sew the 4 1/5" pieces together, then add them to the top. Hey that brings me so much closer to the end, then I can start a new project. I have a number of lovely heart blocks that need to be sewn together for a new great granddaughter.
I can only work for so long before it is painful so I try and do a small amount more often.

No comments: