a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Friday, April 2, 2010

Big storm

I mentioned a storm brewing last night and the storm brewed all right. The big trees outside our windows dance the night away and the day too . Huge trees fell across the causeway in Stanley Park and closed the Lion's Gate bridge for hours. But the worst of the storm's effects were reserved for Vancouver Island where the island meets the Pacific Ocean with no protection from incoming storms. Trees down all over the island, hydro lines down so no electricity for many residents, ferries cancelled, a rough night and day for them.
Long Easter weekend and the Canadian dollar is almost at par so many Canadians wended their way across the border but not before they had to wait for 4 hours at the border crossings.
They should have stayed home and gone to church, better for them.
I am being fascetious of course as I did not go to church either , my sister did though.
Ray and I went shopping here and bought new clothes for both of us. New pants and a top for me and three new shirts for him. That makes all our spring shopping over with, just in time for out visitors and for dinner out.
Jim is coming from Edmonton and Katie from Victoria, Jim for my birthday next week and Kate on business for the legislature.
Nice isn't it, I am happy!! Sock phoo going up on the blog tonight, the latest pair which is for Paulina. I have started another pair for Ione, smaller yarn and smaller needles so they will take longer to complete.
That's the news for tonight .
Sta bene, I think I am saying keep well.

No comments: