a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Hail hail the gang's all here

I had a houseful of sons today along with a granddaughter who were all here for dinner - shrimp salad, ham, scalloped potatoes and cauliflower with a cheese sauce. All except the salad left overs from last night but enough to feed the whole gang so you can see how much Ray cooks LOL. Peter was here to give me a birthday present as I will be 78 tomorrow. A lovely scarf from England and a set a heavy crystal paper weights also from England.They are designed to hold a favourite photograph at the bottom. It is a lovely gift.
The last of them Rick just left and Kate my granddaughter will be back here for the night at 10:00 . Jim is still here .
We are all going to The Keg tomorrow night along with my niece and her husband. This is going to be a great party!!
I am late blogging but for sure needed to get this done now, before I get much more tired.
I was up early and met my friend Pat for coffee, went to all my sewing groups, delivered Paulina's socks which she really liked and the community quilt which was well received.
At Betty's she had a card for me and a container of my favourite little cakes that she makes and because I love them calls them Nan Cakes after me. Such a great friend, she is 85 and still quilts like crazy. She is a prolific quilter. I am a lucky woman!!
Tomorrow more ruminations of of an elderly mind :>))
Buena Sera!
Stay safe.

No comments: