a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Tale of Two Snails

It rained all day today , the snails were out in force. I noticed one in the corner of the stairs when I went up to Betty's house, it was hugging the edge of the steps. I did make note of its pretty shell and looked for it on the way back down. It as still in the same space but in the middle of the step was another snail squashed to smithereens when someone stepped on it. The moral of this story is if you are a slow driver you should not be in the middle of the road or you will be squashed. A lesson from nature applied to life.
On the same street is the bright orange house that appears in a picture further down this blog. In front of the house was a bright red fire Hydrant ,something new . I had to laugh at the juxtaposition of the red hydrant and orange house that looks on fire!!
Another friend asked me to help her learn to knit socks today so that is what I did at sewing today. We had to start a couple of times as the needles were terribly small, the wool was easily separated and the knitter was a novice at socks but an expert at other types of knitting. I think we need a different pattern but we'll see how her homework goes LOL.
For my own work this morning I managed to embroider one antenna on one butterfly. Next week I will prepare some more butterflies for applique I hope!! If all else fails there are always antennae to embroider LOL.
Good night!!

No comments: