a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, April 22, 2010

A slick trick

This slick trick took me all afternoon once again but I got it done. And I took hotos so you can actually get a look at this trick.
First I added my binding to the back of this little quilt or as some would call it a place mat. And I did it the way that was taught by my dealer and in those sites I put up yesterday.
I am always s bit frightened at starting something new in case I get it wrong and of course usually do the first few times. So the secret is just do it over again until it is right. LOL I tend to proscrastinate but today I made myself do it.

Take your fusible thread and make a zig zag all the way around the outer edge of the quilt close to the miter, cut the thread, and start again on the other side of the miter.
DO NOT make the mistake I did..... I could not figure out why the fusible kept shredding and breaking. After a bit I noticed that it would not be possible for the fusible to work on that side as it could not possibly fuse from there. Then I remembered that Tom said to put the fusible in the bobbin. Light Bulb!!!
After winding the bobbin and using the fusible from the bottom it worked well.
Then take the iron and with puffs of steam on the binding as you turn it tack it down. It won't move on you so you will be able to sew the binding down quite easily.
See Slick Trick!!! I'll try that again.
Tomorrow moose on the loose, a video.
Take it easy folks! but not too easy or you won't be able to do this trick LOL.

No comments: