a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, April 26, 2010

SOS

Not an SOS for an emergency , but shorthand for Save Our Socks. You know how elusive the socks are , how they can get completely lost never to be seen again and you are left with one sock. Save that sock, you never know when it may come in handy. Today I had the opportunity to use a sock I had saved and replace it for one with a hole in the heel. So just a reminder that if you buy several pair of socks that are the same colour and style you are in a good position to make them go even farther than if you buy only one pair. I saved myself a pair of socks today LOL. I do know how to darn socks, my mother taught me. It is actually a weaving process done over a darning egg, which is a neat little piece of equipment shaped like an egg haha. You put it into the area of the hole and stretch the hole a bit before weaving. My mom's egg had a handle which was very handy :>)
Of course I no longer do that because I belong to the throwaway generations . Anyway the darned holes were not really very comfortable. So I saved a sock today and I feel virtuous LOL>
Time to go , Stay safe.
Socks are done, quilt is finished so I have nothing to do. Hmm maybe I should get at that little baby sweater that is in the basket.

No comments: