a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

a failed attempt

Trying to sew my binding together and it did not work. I have tried the ending of the binding before and had so much trouble, but I do not give up. However a friend sent me some very good directions so tomorrow I'll give it another college try :>) You can find the directions here at
http://pir8.freeservers.com/quilting/ending-double-fold-binding/index.htm
If you are having a problem maybe this might help.
Here is another place for instruction....
http://caproductions.com/rws/binding.htm
So that took a greater part of the afternoon. Earlier Ray went to the dentist for that broken tooth and he was there a long time. I chose to go with him this time, silly me, :>)) and met a former colleague in the office. We had a nice long chat, so it wasn't all for naught. Spent a bit of time in the library looking for another Jane Austen, I know I said I would not read another one but have been persuaded by true Jane Austen lovers to give it another chance with one of the more pleasant readings. With that in mind I started looking for a different one and the first three Austen books I found were, wouldn't you know it, Mansfield Park. Then Emma appeared so I took that home.
The latest item that thieves are stealing these days in Vancouver is , wait for it, Cheese. It has become so expensive that even the store's employees are taking it out with them, wrapping it in plastic wrap and hiding it in the garbage can out back until they are finished for the day.. Strange world !
Tomorrow I'll try the binding again and take a photo plus give some instructions on a new technique for sewing the binding down.
The night is young so make the most of it :>))

No comments: