a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, April 25, 2010

getting ready to applique

My preparations for another three butterflies took me a couple of hours . I do it the hard way I guess but it works for me. I can prepare several butterflies and they will stay prepared until I need them. First I cut the shapes out of freezer paper,then iron them on the back of the chosen fabric and cut them out 1/4 inch from the edge of the freezer paper. Once I used to take the iron and starch, spray the starch on the edge and iron it over to the wrong side. But I found that way too labour intensive not to mention burned fingers , OW :>((
Now I baste the 1/4" over the edge of the freezer paper and then apply starch and iron the piece. It works better for me and I can sit down and watch TV while I work. Lots easier and saves my back.
Earlier I did the binding on the community quilt. That took a long time too as I machine stitched it. I don't like doing that technique so from now on I'll do the binding the old way and hand sew it down. But done is done and it is ready to go to its new home.
Quilt is done, applique is ready and I will finish Ione's second sock tonight.
As we did the housework and laundry this morning, shopped for some things Ray wanted, cooked steak for dinner , I'd say it is a good day's work.
We bought a new scale for the bathroom too , an analog one. We have an LED one and both of us dislike it so out it goes LOL. If you don't behave in this household you are out the door haha!!
Rest easy folks, have a good night.

No comments: