a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Friday, April 30, 2010

books not read

I gave up on Emma by Jane Austen. I hope to return to it at a later daye but as I mentioned previously Romance stories are not easy for me to read. And I did read Mansfield Park so as it often is with books I find if I have just read a book by an author I need to back off that one and wait a while before I read another. I don't know why but I do not like to read one after another of the same author. The rhythm of the books are the same I think, the atmosphere continues on from book to book , the feeling is often similar and the vocabulary load carries over.
There was another one I had and could not read, can't even recall the title. That means my book list is a bit behind times :>D
I did purchase a new ironing board cover , now isn't that really exciting LOL. I have a love affair with irons and related items. Some people love any number of things but I have to be restrained from buying irons .Every new colour that comes out I want it but Ray keeps me from buying foolishly. Lucky me~!! or my apartment would be inundated with irons LOL.
As my grandson said to me once "Grandma, you are so easy to please" .
I have the pattern for the napkin and need to test drive it tomorrow before I add it to this page.
See the tower, see the black spot on the tower. That's my son Jim building this tower out on his acreage. I must ask him what it is for, something to save him money for sure LOL
Rest Easy..

No comments: