a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, April 5, 2010

Singing the laptop blues

Scroll to the bottom for some interesting facts about Vancouver.
Still no laptop,maybe tomorrow , if not Thursday Ben said. I am upset as Jim was going to set me up with another programme to open my embroidery designs , the laptop won't do that,and as Jim is leaving on Thursday he won't be able to do what he had planned. So I am praying that it comes tomorrrow.
Ah such is life!!
We spent a part of the day going to what Jim calls Chip Shops where they sell little bits and pieces of stuff for making computer circuits, and so on. I don't understand any of it but he love those stores and for some reason wants me to go with him. Company? do you suppose? That's kind of nice.
I did manage to find the time to almost finish the community quilt . All I have to do is quilt across the diagonal through all the blocks and add the binding. I wanted to get both these quilts done by today but with so much company I soon realized it would not happen :>(
Next week.
I started the new socks and have done the first 6 inches, just one more inch before I start the heel. It is going well.
Maybe in a week or two it will be finished.
The newspaper today had 124 curious events in Vancouver in the forever time of newspapers. It was fun to read. William Pratt used to work here in Vancouver as a carpenter on the Pacific National Exhibition before moving to Hollywood and changing his name to Boris Karloff.
Ah I can hear you say who is Boris Karloff. Look it up LOL.

No comments: