a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, April 17, 2010

sewing and quilt show

Good show today , up real early for me so that I could get to Marilyn's by 7:45.
I made it, traffic was light and I hit all the green lights. Great start :>)
We were early getting to Abbotsford even though it was an hour drive and we had to stand in line for 20 minutes. But there was a feeling of excitement among the crowd who were looking forward to seeing everything in the Tradex centre.
First stop of course was the loo, LOL. Then I hit Tom's, looking for the new machine, the Janome 7700 . Wrong end of the room, it was the store shop with sewing, fabrics and such but not machines. No matter I enjoyed the shop, bought a really cute kit for a smaller type bag that I hope I can make soon.
Then I made my way to the other end where the Janome machines were situated. I love to look at amchines so it was heaven to be there where all the manufacturers of sewing machines were showing off their wares.
The 7700 is a huge machine and I thought it looked like the dashboard of a brand new car all shiny red paint and chrome :>). It had a very large harp and in that area it was much higher than any machine I had ever seen which makes it exceptionably suitable for moving quilts through , lots of new stitches too from what I could tell. I didnt get a chance to try it out but Tom will let me do that the next time Kathy and I go for a class. There were other machines at the booth but all eyes were on the new member of the family.
I did check out the other machine booths , many had their fabulous embroidery machines doing the stitchouts all by them selves. A man walked by and pointed to the empty chair in front of the machine and said Invisible Woman ,LOL.
There were so many beautiful fabrics at the show but all I bought were 2 charm packs. I wanted more but felt that I had so many I already had not used so sew away Nan for the whole year and maybe next time I can buy, buy, buy.
Linda McPhee gave a fashion show of her designs, some were lovely but others weren't, that seems normal to me :>)
It was a good day but a tiring one as I walked the length of the show several times.
Have a good night! I know I will!
Tomorrow I will show some of the quilts I photographed.

2 comments:

rcp said...

I hope you enjoy making the bag. I know the lady that created the pattern! Enjoy!

nanboudreau said...

rcp
That is fun!! I hope I enjoy it too since it will be my first bag. When it is done I'll put it up on the blog.