a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Friday, April 16, 2010

miscellany & mac and cheese

Ramblings I should say, nothing special about today except I made macaroni and cheese from scratch. It is my family's and my favourite so asIi was in a more energetic frame of mind and had some energy it was the time to do it. It is really easy just cook the macaroni as you would usually do , al dente, since it will go into the oven, then make a cheese sauce using butter, flour, 2% milk and old /aged cheddar cheese,Canadian if you can find it. Make a reux with the butter and flour, add the grated cheese stirring constantly. Drain the macaroni well, add the sauce all together in a pan that goes into the oven, cover with grated cheese and pat with butter. Heat oven to 375' and cook the mac and cheese for 3/4 of an hour or an hour until the grated cheese is a bit browned. Delicious.
I did not sew yet today and it is already 4:00 but there were other things I did do. One was to take the scratchy labels off Ray's 4 new shirts, those things are absolutely harsh, they actually dug into my finger as I was removing them. No wonder Ray is anxious to get them off, who could wear those shirts otherwise.
I just use the stitch remover to get the stitches loose and then rip a bit.
We did go to the mall as I wanted another shirt like the three I have, one is pink and it is Paris, the second is blue and it is San Francisco, the following is beige and it is Venice. The last of the series is a green one and I can't recall what city it is. I know where one is but it is a smaller size. I might go and try it on anyway.
Tomorrow I am going to a Sewing Show in Abbotsford with two friends. I'll take photos of anything interesting so come back tomorrow for the latest news in sewing.
Take care!!

No comments: