a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, April 4, 2010

half way there

I hope you all had a lovely day no matter what your religious affiliations.
I am over half way through my book on Louis XIV and his secret wife Madame de Maintenon and they are not married yet though she has succumbed to his charms and become his mistress . She has resisted him for decades and now they are both in their 40s, I am wondering when this marriage will take place and when his wife actually dies ,if she does. It is a fascinating time when Louis was the supreme monarch and fully in charge of all of France, a despot if you will.

No sewing for me today. My son was here and we talked the morning away after we had done the same thing last night. Late getting to bed so I was a little weary today.
Instead of sewing I lay down and read my book, lazy isn't it but there are days when I like lazy. I have no shame.
Tomorrow we will have a special dinner, scalloped potatoes, ham and veggies. No dessert, we are diabetic. Ray will be cooking. I made bean soup and fruit salad today so that is what we had for dinner. Jim was away. While Ray is busy cooking I hope to be able to quilt. HA!! Not with Jim and Kate here :>))
Best wishes to everyone!!

No comments: