a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, April 18, 2010

sew day Sunday

I sewed just a bit but my back was very sore so I had to stop sewing, take a pill and then had to lie down for a bit. BUT I did finish quilting my community quilt and think I'll add the binding tonight. Since I am having a lot of trouble getting things done I have to do them a bit at a time. Too bad :<( I would love to be able to spend greater lengths of time but am grateful that I can still do things that make me happy. Talking about happy I love to read as regular readers will know and am close to the end of Mansfield Park, I'll do a complete review when I am done which should be tonight. I have a friend in MN who is watching hockey and her SIL told her "You hate the Canucks" I had to laugh, we are the Canucks are my team. They lost last night so the series is tied 2 2. We have been getting too many penalties and the LA Kings are scoring every tme we are a man short. Bad news!! We need to pick up the game a bit. I promised to show a couple of quilts that were at the show yesterday, I didn't take many but will add a couple of them to this blog. One is a fabulous Hawaiian applique piece. It caught my eye right away as it as at the entrance LOL where it was intended to catch the eye. The sunflower quilt is a small one but so reminiscent of the real Kansas with a tiny farmhouse in the distance and the big sky in the background. I loved them both. Paquie the elephant in the Oregon Zoo is 48 today. He was the first elephant born in captivity. Hello! if it is good enought for the evening news it's good enough for On that note I will call it an evening :>)
Take care!

No comments: