a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Back to Sewing

I should say quilting instead of sewing as that is what I did today. I have 2 quilts from Community Quilts that I brought home to do the quilting. I am not that good at quilting especially free motion but the boss begged for help to get these done. What could I say!!! :>)) Free motion escapes me completely but on this one I used my fancy stitch , the one I like best. It is on the Janome 6600P Mode 2 Stitch 31 if anyone cares to know. Because it falls on either side of the seamline it is very forgiving. And I added the binding to the back of the quilt, turned it to the front and machine stitched it down. First time for that technique for me so I am happy with it. I always feel so terrific when I do something worth while.
My next thought on practicing free motion is to make a large sample like a baby sized quilt and go from there. I need to get better at this.
There is still one more quilt to get done. I'll begin that one tomorrow.
As you can see I am feeling better. Except for my back. The chiropractor told me to take it easy when I quilt and to take breaks. DO I listen? Do you Listen? So I am in a bit of pain but that won't last long.:>))
There will be a photo of the quilt that I finished today .
My chain link bracelet was ready for pick up today. One of the links had broken so the jeweller fixed it.
We thought we were to have lunch with friends but they didn't show up, we had lunch anyway . When I called them later it was to find we did not have a date at all. We had one last week that was cancelled and I thought it had been delayed until this week. They did not know about that LOL
So the day was a bit of Serendipity, a step here a step there...Here a step there a step LOL-accidental discovery of something of value or pleasure. I had a most pleasurable day.
Big storm tonight, should be fun too. I love the rain and wind except when it causes great problems. I am a weather junky. I watch the weather channel when there is a big storm coming on, expecially hurricanes.
I added a photo of a friend's pond where she has many wild life visitors. Isn't it beautiful and peaceful?
Have a great evening!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nan, I love your house! It looks adorable and the quilt looks great, too. I have to tell you that, for me, the trick to free motion is just practice, practice, practice! (A friend swears by a glass of wine before hand to relax, too!) I'm going to be excited to hear about your free-motion progress. To me, it's one of the funnest parts of quilting!

nanboudreau said...

Beth thanks for the comment but it is not my house but one that I love . It is so well kept and looks like a fairy tale.
hugs
Nan