a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, August 23, 2012

a date today


School Girl's Puzzle block from About .com.
Certainly appropriate for the coming week.


 
And here you can see how to put the pieces together.
 
 
 
To get the size of these pieces type in School Girl's  Puzzle and click on the About.com site
 
We had a lunch date with Bob and Buzz today. They were there first Haha. We spent nearly two hours talking. They are going to Reno on Saturday. First the have to go to Bellingham for the plane, then they get off that plane in Seattle and go on from there. There are no direct flights to Reno. I am not sure if there ever were.
Anyway I wish them a great time. Bob is going into a tournament, so win big Bob!!!! I'll take your picture when you get back with your winnings LOL.
 
After that we had to go to the shop that sells things for handicapped people. That is where I got my walker. This time we had to buy a new pad for the bed as we left mine in one of the hotel rooms we stayed in on our little trip to the States. The next errand was to pick up the vacuum from its shop where it was getting a once over.
We also had to go to the post office to pick up Rick's package which he had sent to our address, and lastly to the bakery to pick up some bread.  We did a lot of pickups today haha.
I did not sew today because I am waiting for some more fabric to arrive. I ordered from Keepsake and then my dear friend Gail said she would send me 10" squares from her collection as she could no longer sew because her hands were so shaky. What a shame as she was a prodigious quilt maker. I hope she gets better and is able to sew again.

Here she is hard at work.
 
   I got this from my niece Karin. If you love dogs this is the one for you.
http://www.wimp.com/moretricks/
 
And even more tricks folks. Look long and hard to find him.
 
These were just too adorable to pass up. I can't  pass up these cute little guys, that's for sure.
Wonderful blue footed Boobies. Not only are they funny to look at , they are actually funny to watch. Well at least to us  . When in breeding mode the males throw back their heads , beaks pointed to the sky and stamp their blue feet, the colour intensity of which is very attractive to the female. They do a fierce kind of dance that very funny. They live along the coast of California down to the west coast of South America. Some live in the Galapagus Islands.
Here is the mad dancer haha. I just love these guys!!
 
Talking about feet Prince Harry sure stuck his foot in it didn't he!
 
The PNE is still going strong, it is always so popular. I wish they had not taken away all the great buildings that I loved so much. Especially the craft building where I used to stop and admire the quilts even before I started quilting myself. But time moves on.
Heather called this morming laugh
 
 

 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

21What tournament is Bob in ? Boobies look weird. Looks like 2 heads, one coming out the side of the bird. What did Prince Harry do ?
What is PNE ? Jean
Who picks these robot words below this is my 4th try. GRRRRRR