a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Friday, August 31, 2012

Day in the life of Rose

I talked to Grandma today, and she's feeling much better today. According to the doctors, they managed to get the infection before it really got a hold, so they will be using a milder antibiotic and they expect the recovery to be faster. No word on the expectency of how long she will be IN the hospital, but as soon as I hear something, I'll be sure to pass it on.

So I'll be taking it upon myself to give you guys something to read while Grandma is in the hospital. It may not be as frequently as she herself updates, but it gives me an excuse to let Albert take care of Rose for a few minutes and leaves my arms free :)

First, here is a block that I quite like. As a kid I loved variation and delicate things and I could see a quilt made of these blocks keeping me occupied for hours, just looking at them all!


http://www.quilterscache.com/T/ThousandPyramidsBlock.html



Today was a busy day for us, as Rose was recruited by my friend to model some tutus for a business she is starting up out of her home. She had her two boys (18m and 4 years old) and I had Rose and we walked over to the park and took these pictures...









After we finished taking the photos, we joined the boys playing on the playground equipment and stayed out for another hour. It was great to get the fresh air! Tuckered poor Rose out though! We got home and she nursed and was out like a light (for all of 30 minutes... but that's a standard nap for her!)

We played a lot this afternoon, spending a lot of time on the floor. Rose is starting to crawl now. She's on all 4s and can shuffle around like that. No proper crawling just yet, but it won't be long :) She's still SUPER petite... 8 months old and still wearing 3-6 sized clothing! Only 15 lbs. But we are shovelling food into her and she just keeps gaining at her own pace. For example, today started with toast, a chopped up strawberry and a full serving of veggies and beef puree (she only ate about 1/3 of her toast). Then in the afternoon she had a piece of french bread (ate about half of it), a few bites of cheese, a whole handful of blueberries and another half a strawberry, a child size yogurt (they're called minigo) and that's not even including all the nursing she did! And we haven't even had dinner yet.

She fought her afternoon nap until around 6:00. Albert came home late from work so that was alright (he didn't wake her). Now that he's home, he's made dinner while I do this and she wiggles around watching us do our thing :)

Well it's time to go eat! I hope you guys had a good day. It sounds like Grandma did and our day was good too.


Wǎnān!

No comments: