a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Dragons ahoy

http://www.fatcatpatterns.com/

Sindy has her Funky Chickens on sale and she is offering two free  dragon designs.

http://www.countryjunktion.com/2012BOM.html

 Remember the monthly wallhangings I added to the blog? August is ready . They are really cute. Of course I haven't done any of them because I no longer sew, I just dream about it. No time at home and no energy left after I get home. I have to talk to Ray.

We went to Costco today, had the hotdog and a coke. We love their hotdogs.
We bought a few items and I bought three books. Margaret you said you had 14 books waiting to be read so you don't need these yet. I have quite a few now too with the two you gave me yesterday. I am finally getting close to the end of my Elizabeth George novel that I am reading.

Buzz, I bought some lovely English cookies for our tea. I won't open the box until you and Bob come over.  LOL. There is too much chance of them all getting eaten :))

Jim called this evening to say he had arrived home without incident and he was very happy with the red Taurus and we are happy for him.

Rick called to ask if he could come over tomorrow to do his laundry.  haha. Jim said we are now a launderette. Adam called to say he and Lisa would like to take us for breakfast tomorrow morning .  Sam is up in Oysooyos and has been for a week. He said it is so hot there. It is always very hot in that part of the province. It is like a desert there.

Our trip today was the bank and the hand doctor to see if Ray  could get an earlier appointment. He did, it was two days earlier. He will be getting steroids injected into his wrist. After that will be one less pain for him to deal with.

Then we came home and I had a good nap.
We had corn on the cob for dinner.

I made this quilt for Sam many years ago. It was his first quilt from me and one of my first efforts.
It was not quilted by me. And it was a first effort with diagonal
blocks if that is what it is called , but I loved making the Flying Geese for the border. I had just learned how to make four at a time or was it two at a time. Not important! I didn't have a pattern but nmade it up as I went along. Sometimes the blocks dictate the design not the designer.

A bright block from Susan's log of her grandmother's life journey. See it all here.

Take a chance ladies and gents.
Take the Hoffman challenge....


Cute isn't it, it's from About.quilting -Janet Wickell.

Can you just imagine the scent? It must be fabulous! I love the look and smell of lavender.

Ah friendship is grand. This is my friendship picture for the day. We should all be so friendly and loving.
Anyone home? Nice guests to have and so nosey LOL. Just look at them you can see the curiosity in their faces.

Time for me to go folks.
Iyi aksamlar
Have a good evening.















No comments: