a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, August 4, 2012

very hot day

It was very hot today, too hot for those without air conditioning.We are fortunate to have an air condioning unit that makes quite a difference.  The unit we have is not very expensive and we are comfortable in our apartment.
This is one way of keeping cool.

So we shopped for groceries this morning, Ray shopped and I read the quilting magazines. I did not find one I wanted to buy this week. The thing is they are wonderful to look at but how many actually do the quilts in the magazines. I think I might do so when I buy one but rarely do. However I do find tips that are useful  so it is good for that purpose.
Ray took the groceries through the till while I went to Tim's to order  coffee.  The lady at the till asked Ray if the nail polish in the basket was for him. No , he said , it's for my wife. But said the lady , she bought some last week. Can you imagine!!



I am watching 16.9. It is viewing the way that many countries curtail the use of morphine  for people in the worst pain possible and they suffer tremendously. This  is the effect of trying to curtail illegal drugs that has transposed itself onto the use of drugs for legal purposes.  This issue is so horrendous to watch .

 http://www.patchworktimes.com/  
A continuation of a Christmas Town Sampler. Enjoy the chickens and the roosters . They are hilarious.

Patchwork Times , I hope if you click on the picture you'll get the instructions.  Personally I don't like the block much but then the colours are not what I prefer. I do not like brown used in context with blues, greens and yellows of this sort. I would like ti if the brown was replaced with the yellow. LOL  MHO...


Watching J Edgar with Leonardo di Caprio investigating the Lindburgh baby kidnapping. It is a tragedy that has never really been solved.

Aha finally a Cat House!! LOL.

Well the laptop has once again decided that it won't do as it is told.
That seems to be the way with computers and some times other machines. I want it to bring up the photos but it won't , so there !LOL.
And with that in mind I'll say adieu and wish you all a good evening.
Bon soir.














No comments: