a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Happiness is good friends

http://erinrussek.typepad.com/one-piece-at-a-time/2012/08/mimis-bloomers-block-8.html
Another block in Mimi's Bloomers. Easy type of applique. Even I could do it.
http://quiltstory.blogspot.com/2012/08/monkey-ladders-quilt-from-sweet-dreams.html
Oh and this one is so easy, even I could do it LOL. Plus it is a new site for me and hopefully for you too!

http://quiltingpins.com/
Ever heard of Q Pins, well here they are making life easier for quilters by marking your rows. Keeps your rows and columns straight.

Susan's new block Snow Churn which is from www.quilterscache.com






And now for my friend Rae's quilt  . Rae got the pattern off my blog. That is so exciting!! Thank you Rae. Now which blog was that?
Not a very good photo , My apologies Rae but the quilt is lovely , the crosses are all done in 30s conversation fabrics.
 
This morning I went to Kerrisdale Quilters in St. Stephens Church. The  church gives us the room every week ,so very generous of them. We  all give a donation to the church at Christmas time.
We talk a lot, look at magazines and catalogues, applique some and even embroider a bit.
Today I embroidered the antennae on my butterflies. Not all of them but 1 and 1/2 butterflies got their antennae.
 
 Then it was time for lunch. Ray made me a nice salad and the dressing was in a separate container. It was lovely, thanks Ray!
Then we gathered up our stuff, at least Betty , Wendy and I did. Wendy drove us down the road to Mary Alice's where the Pumpkin Seeds were busy making hospital quilts. Wendy took my walker out of her car and gathered up  my bags and then she went on her way to a lunch date with her granddaughter. Betty and I did what we usually do there, sit and chat. Well Betty gives instructions to the downstairs people on what fabrics to put together. She is so good at that. I , on the other hand just chatted . I don't know what I bring to the room but everyone talked to me LOL.
 
A picture of Wendy's WIP , she is another who has a beautiful  colour sense.
 
Finally the day was done and we went to Betty's for Tea and cakes. Delicious! Betty's daughter Ann dropped in to visit and drink tea.
When I got home there was a roasted chicken on the counter. It came over from Safeway haha. Anyway it was good. We ate it later as I was tired and neede my nap. Why not?
I like those chickens but we usually get the barbecued ones. Roasted was a nice choice.
 
Just ran into a cute project, doll house potholders. Great for gifts.
 
 


Another beautiful photo. I love these reflections.
 
A safe place for a baby to be. Cute kitten isn't he?
 


Lovers looking at the moon.
Makes me think of Anne and Mitt Romney. Nothing personal but she is making her speech to the convention tonight on Mitt's behalf. I think she will be effective in her purpose. I am not anything since I am Canadian and have no preferences in the election , just saying.
 
However I am concerned about Hurricane Isaac hitting the Gulf Coast again. I hope the damage is contained and there is no loss of life. It will hit New Orleans soon  if not already . The time zones will determine that. We are much later than Louisiana.
Waves off Lake Pontrachain in New Orleans. Hmm reminds me of the waters off Dallas Road in Victoria where the ocean gets whipped up by the wind. I used to love going along Dallas Road when I lived in Victoria, so many years ago. A lifetime actually.
I am off for the night, thanks for reading.
 
Boa Tarde.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



No comments: