a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Saturday shopping

And not just for groceries either.

Kathy and I went to Tom's to see the new store. Kathy drove. Are you surprised? Haha. Guess not. Thank you Kathy.
Tom was not there today. His staff insisted that he take the day off and take his wife , Kerri, and his two kids out for the day to the beach.  Tom and Kerri have been working so hard on the new store and at the old one too ever since the fire.
But what was there is a new 350 Embroidery machine and at a lovely price. I hate that I may have to buy a new machine but I really want to get to work on a quilt for little Rose.
All the other great grandchildren have one done by me.
But I hate to buy a new one when I have one. I have a letter ready to go to Janome but cannot get the laptop to send it so I'll have to try the PC. But Mary is coming tomorrow, maybe she can tell me what to do with the laptop.
Oh what a decision will I or won't I.


This block is made by Susan of  Starwood Quilter. Just type it into your browser and you will find a large number of blocks made by Susan . She is making them in honor of her grandmother. The block is called Eight Hands Around.  And I just found out I can move the block around by clicking and moving. Neat eh! Oh you probably already knew that.:))

Oh but this reminds me of the all day suckers I loved when I was a kid and they were all day too. They were costly and we , my brother and I , could not afford them very often. Peter and I used to go to Stanley Park  on the bus and sometimes we would use our bus fare to buy one . Then we would walk home and believe me it was miles and miles but we thought it was worth it. If we had to take Margaret , our little sister, we would try to get her bus money too but she was a lot smarter than we were and she kept hers. Peter and I would also search the ground for bus transfer that had time left on them and use them to get on the bus. We'd ask for a new transfer.  Marg could not go home by herself so she would give us bus fare. Man older siblings do some rotten things to the younger ones don't they Marg.
Isn't this a labour of love . it expresses the thought , this is like lying on a bed of roses. Or life ain't a bed of roses boys.
I laughed so hard at this one when it came in this morning. I hope you get a laugh out of it too.
This one's for you Marg. I laughed at it too. For everyone , Marg is a cat lover,   unlike me who is a dog and bird lover.
Hmm wonder what Jim is looking for and then again did he find it LOL.

Time for me to go.
Have a great evening folks.
Aloha ahi ahi.













1 comment:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

I don't know which is funny, the chicken or the cat......:))))))