a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

What a great day

Just to let you all know I will not be
writing my blog until next Saturday the 18th as we are heading off to the states for a few days off.

A nice tutorial to start the day tomorrow LOL.
http://nickelquilts.wordpress.com/2012/08/09/flower-pot-block/


It was Juliet who took me to my sewing group this morning while  she went on to Pumpkin Seeds to work at quilting for the hospital.

I spent the morning appliqueing the centre body on my blue butterfly. I did not have a pencil with me to draw the lines for the antennae. There is usually one in my kit bag but this time no there was not. So I ate my lunch LOL. It was a bit early but what the heck.  Betty brought a sack full of magazines for Joanne to read and we all took them out of the sack and read them haha. Nothing stops a quilter from looking through magazines. We took pictures of the quilt we as a group made for Liz who is undergoing chemo for ovarian cancer.
Liz likes green...
Where did that table come from? LOL


Later on Sharon took Betty and I to Pumpkin Seeds . She picked up my walker and put it into the trunk of her car. I have great trouble getting up and down stairs so I cannot take my own walker. But I have wonderful friends who are really good to me. I am blessed.

Jocelyn was at Pumpkin Seeds today, so we exchanged photos of our grandchildren LOL.  We were supposed to sew but there are some things more important than sewing and that is grandchildren.
Betty, Sharon and I got there at Show and  Tell time. Lots of the
ladies there sew on hospital quilts during the week and have the tops ready to show on Tuesday. My camera was sleeping in my purse and I did not get any photos. Darn! I need to wake up!

Rae was upstairs so I got to say hi to her. No talking during Sand T.
haha.  Still it was great to see her and to see all the other ladies. I    had a grand time.

The time came for us to go so Juliet,  Sharon, Betty and I went to Tea Time at Betty's. Betty always has lovely little cakes for us to eat. They are just too delicious. We had tea along with cakes. We must have talked longer than on previous days as Ray said I was much later coming home. Juliet drove me home. There was no special delivery yet but we wait . First babies are often late. Juliet is looking forward to being a grandma.

When I got home Ray wanted to go to Safeway to pick up some prescriptions , so we did and had a coffee while we waited. That was nice since we had not seen each other all day.

Good doggie.

Bad kittie.

Aw sweet, but true!

When is dinner time, I'm hungry.....
And you may be dinner if you don't hurry  !!! LOL.

Have a good evening folks, I'll talk to you all next Saturday the 18th.
Buona Sera
















No comments: