a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, August 26, 2012

No sleep makes Jill a dull girl LOL. Do you agree?

I talked to Matthew this morning and he and Caroline want to come to visit next Saturday morning along with Ryan. He, Matthew,  is working 12 hours a day for the rest of the week.  Busy time for him. Ryan is going to Kelowna to university next Sunday and will be coming for the visit before he goes.  It will be good to see him before he goes.  That means both their children are in universities far away from home. Chelsea is in Toronto and that is really far. It will be an empty nest for he and Caroline. Fortunately Kelowna is just a 4 1/2 hour drive north so they can go and see him.
We went to Hop On's for produce today. I took some nice photos of the flowers. We bought vegetables and Damsen plums, those are the small  blue ones. I love those, they are the poor cousins of the plum family but my favourite.
The flowers are coming.
Beautiful chrysanthemum.
 
Purple orchids, yellow ones too. I did not buy one though. Really I need to start driving my car so I can go out by myself.
Beautiful lillies. They come in any number of colours.
 


After that lovely visit we came home and I lay down to catch up on my sleep. And I slept for over 2 hours. I'm good now!

http://bittybitsandpieces.blogspot.com/2012/08/great-granny-pincushion-tutorial.html

I'm back on my pincushion kick again and here is a nice tutorial for one. It came in on one of my lists Cyberquilters.
I love pincushions but haven't made any lately. For a long time actually. I am going to look on the internet for a large chicken pattern. Gail sent me a pattern a long time ago but it got lost in a comouter crunch a while ago.

I am on Pinterest but have no idea why or any idea of what to do with it. Silly isn't it? Or what the purpose of it is.Sharing things I guess.

We are watching Copper for the first time, not sure if there will be a second time. It isn't holding my attention. Too bad, I was looking forward to it. Oh well many more new programmes to watch in the fall.

Do you ever feel this way? LOL. Ijust wish I could dance haha.
 
For Margaret. I know you'll love this kitty.
 
 
|And this one is for me as I love elephants.
 
Precious aren't they.
 
I still have not done much work on my Drunkard's Path. Nothing this week, no wonder it takes me so much time to get a quilt done.
I think I need to force myself to do at least 15 minutes a day. By the time I get back from going out I am really tired so do nothing.
I need to do another layout to see if it the way I want it to be. Tomorrow morning I'll give it a try. Just 15 minutes.
Time to go I am out of juice.
Have a great evening folks.
Guten Abend.
 
 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 








 
 


No comments: